PDA

View Full Version : The recent situation

Bhav
23-04-2012, 08:31 PM
The Situation
I am here to address a few issues that have occurred this evening. I understand Jake/Immense is currently on a long train journey, but I need to address my first point quite clearly: I am your forum technician.

I do not have the duties of our Forum Manager and need to stress the point that anything else I choose to do around the forum is optional.

Secondly, rule breaking. Some of you believe it is acceptable to use hate speech and try and exploit loop holes in rules. I did not write perfect rules, but hate speech, regardless of if a person is a member or not, is not acceptable. If you deem hate speech or bullying acceptable, then you are not welcome here. The rules will be revised.

I would also like to point out that users cannot be as pedantic as picking out "HabboHub users" :
If you see any posts that might be found offensive or breaking any of our rules listed here please use the Report Post system and the Moderation team will look into the matter. You will not receive any notification(s) of the outcome.

We can take action on anything we deem questionable, offensive or unacceptable.

Finally our moderator team. Our moderators volunteer and offer their spare time to do the job they do. They are not going to be perfect, but should be pillars of our community. They work hard to ensure that your forum is a safe place to use and that no unacceptable content is viewed by the users. It is hard for moderators to be stern and formal in an environment that is very relaxed and it should be understandable that a moderator might break loose sometimes. They are normal people and are no different from you and I.

We work hard to ensure our moderators conduct a proper job and act professionally. We have steps to manage our moderators when things do go astray. If you do not like how we manage the forum, you are welcome to go elsewhere.

On a personal note, I would like to congratulate our new moderator, maddy, for doing such a brilliant job and dealing with situations that occurred tonight. She is doing a brilliant job! Remember, I try my hardest to please all the users and it isn't easy, especially with some very critical members of the community. Sorry!

Thank you for your time to read this.

Bhav
Forum Technician